Democracy in a Divided Society
President: Dennis J. Downey, CSU Channel Islands
Vice President: Ellen Reese, UC Riverside
Program Chair: Elizabeth Sowers, CSU Channel Islands
March 11th Announcement: Due to the continued spread of the novel coronavirus, PSA 2020 will not be convened in Eugene.
Scheduled presenters will have the option of participating in an asynchronous, virtual conference format, and will receive more information about this soon.
SAGE Publications has put together a resource page for social and behavioral scientists on the novel coronavirus, teaching/learning online, research related to pandemics, etc.
The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask (facemasks are only needed for those who show symptoms of coronavirus).
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
CDC en Español link here.
This article provides some good information about airline travel and possibly cancelling tickets.
Future PSA conferences confirmed:
Thursday, March 18 to Sunday March 21, 2021
Theme: The New Normal and the Redefinition of Deviance
Vice President: Gary Hytrek, CSU Long Beach
Vice President: Sharon Elise, CSU San Marcos
QuestionPro has a program to provide survey software to nonprofits.