Volunteer to Serve on a PSA Committee
PSA committee appointments have been completed for the term of service beginning in 2017.
The PSA Committee on Committees will begin in early 2017 the process of appointing members to all committees for the cycle beginning in 2018. Please consider submitting your name for appointment. Committees serve a wide range of important roles in helping the PSA to serve our members and to lead our profession – and serving on a committee is a great way to meet and to network among colleagues in our region. Committee service is a three year commitment. Members should plan to attend PSA meetings and to assist with committee tasks during their term of service.
Each of the committees below needs multiple appointments beginning in 2018; for information on what each committee does, please refer to the Committees page on the PSA website.
- Awards Committee
- Committee on Civil Rights & Civil Liberties
- Committee on Community Colleges
- Committee on Freedom of Research & Teaching
- Committee on Practice, Applied, & Clinical Sociology
- Committee on Race & Ethnic Minorities
- Committee on the Status of LGBTQ Persons in Sociology
- Committee on the Status of Women
- Committee on Teaching
- Emeritus & Retired Sociologists Committee
- Membership Committee
- PSA Endowment Committee
- Social Conscience Committee
- Student Affairs Committee
If you are interested in (or have questions about) committee service, please contact PSA Interim Secretary Tina Burdsall at firstname.lastname@example.org or the PSA executive office at email@example.com. If you would like to volunteer for appointment, please indicate which committees you are interested in serving (and please include more than one, since PSA requirements for regional representation may narrow possible appointments). You can also indicate your interest in serving in your PSA account.
Thank you for considering this invitation, and we hope to hear from you!