Call for Proposal
Special Issue on Environmental Sociology
We are seeking a guest editor for a Special Issue addressing current research within the field of environmental sociology. As a general sociology journal, Sociological Perspectives publishes original empirical research representing a variety of sociological theoretical perspectives and methodological approaches. Sociological Perspectives (SP) is the official journal of the Pacific Sociological Association (PSA), which sees itself as a leader in promoting sociological inquiry into environmental issues. A special issue on environmental sociology is a way to highlight PSA’s commitment to environmental sociology and to identify, to the sociological community.
Selection of the chosen proposal will be the outcome of a collaborative evaluation by SP Co-Editors according to the following criteria:
- Suitability of the topic for an Environmental Sociology special issue. For example: broad enough to attract a reasonable number of submissions and be of interest to SP readers
- Coherent and strong focus on topic of high current interest
- Originality and significance of contribution to the field
Proposals for a Special Issue should include:
- The name(s) and address(es) of the corresponding guest editor(s) along with CV(s);
- A suggested title for the Special Issue
- A 400 to 500 – word rationale explaining the scope and significance of the proposed topic
- Potential contributors (all submissions will be subjected to the normal peer review process)
Deadline: Proposals should be submitted to the Editorial Office firstname.lastname@example.org by October 16, 2017.
Guest Editor Information: Guest Editor(s) will be largely responsible (with some support and collaboration from the Editorial Office) for the process of peer-review and manuscript processing, including issuing a call-for-papers, inviting reviewers, writing an introductory article, and approval of selected manuscripts.
Timeline: the following is a tentative timeline for the Environmental Sociology Special Issue
- July 2017 – Call for proposals
- October 2017 – Proposals due
- November 2017 – Proposal/Guest Editor(s) chosen
- April 2019 – Review process finished and materials sent to Publisher
- June 2019 – Special Issue published
For further details and clarifications please contact the managing editor: Elizabeth Withers, email@example.com.
We look forward to your proposals.