The Department of Sociology and Criminology at Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA. invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor position beginning Fall semester 2020 (3/3 teaching load). We seek a critical criminologist who is committed to the teacher-scholar model, with preference given to candidates who specialize in law/legal systems. Candidates must address how they will complement or expand the current criminology program, demonstrate a commitment to teaching excellence and an inclusive learning environment, and describe their fit with Gonzaga’s mission.
• Ph.D. in Criminology, Sociology, or closely related field by September 1,2020. ABD considered, with the expectation that the candidate will have degree in hand by August 1, 2020.
• Demonstrated active research agenda.
• Teaching undergraduate courses in Sociology and Criminology
• Student academic advising
• Professional development, including scholarly or creative work normal to the discipline
• Academic citizenship, including governance and committee work at the department/College/University level
To apply, please visit our website at: www.gonzaga.edu/jobs. Applicants must complete an online application and electronically submit: (1) cover letter, (2) curriculum vitae, (3) teaching portfolio, including a statement of teaching philosophy with dedicated attention to inclusive pedagogy, evidence of teaching excellence, sample course syllabi taught by candidate, (4) unofficial copies of graduate school transcripts, (5) research portfolio, including statement of research interests, solo-authored writing sample (i.e., peer-reviewed article, book chapter, dissertation chapter), and (6) the names, email addresses, and phone numbers for three letters of recommendation. Direct position inquiries to Dr. Andrea Bertotti Metoyer, Chair of the Sociology and Criminology Department, bertottimetoyer@
Gonzaga University is a Jesuit, Catholic, humanistic institution, and is therefore interested in candidates who will contribute to its distinctive mission. Gonzaga University is a committed EEO/AA employer and diversity candidates are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability status and/or protected veteran status.